Hello Life in 2D! Yes I said 2D today. I am just feeling uninspired this weekend. It is just hard to get inspired to write cheery stories when you are seeing horrific stories, involving innocent kids on TV while busy crossing things off the Christmas To-Do checklist.
I do my best thinking in the shower. Seriously! The down side to ‘brainstorming’ in the shower is that there is nothing to write with. So I have to hurry up before I run out of hot water.
My 4 year old still wants to know why Santa didn’t bring her presents last night, since we have all these decorations up? I try to show her the Advent calender but she still doesn’t understand. So it had me thinking about some of the other things our kids don’t quite grasp about Christmas.
Here is a Top Ten List of things our kids just don’t understand about Christmas:
1. Some of Santa’s elves just wrap toys better than others. It has nothing to do with skill or the amount of time left to wrap them.
2. The being “Naughty” or “Nice” list does not begin two weeks before Christmas. Santa and Santa’s elves actually DO watch them all year long.
3. You can’t play with one toy before opening every package that Santa and grandparents bring.
4. The elves designed some toy packages to ‘ship safely’ and not packaged to immediately play with. Dad just needs some breakfast before he commits to untangling the maze of wires and twists or ‘assembly’ in order to get to the toy; or else it could get broken Christmas morning.
5. If a toy breaks Christmas morning Santa can not bring you a new one over night. A whole new ‘Naughty or Nice’ list begins Christmas morning.
6. Santa can make it down the chimney. Sometimes he just needs to make several trips. There is no need to leave the door open this year; or a window open over night.
7. Santa’s presents DO really have something to do with somebody’s birthday. Just not their birthday.
8. The toys are not more important than the thought or the love behind them; even the sweaters or the books you did not ask for.
9. Santa only makes the toys. He does not bring the batteries too.
10. Mommy and Daddy really do want to take a nap after opening all the gifts that morning.
Maybe you know of some other things your kids do not understand about Christmas.
Please feel free to offer them below. Maybe one of us has an explanation. And there is no such thing as exaggerating too much! Merry Christmas!