I am more delighted than a teacher on a snow day to have one of my besties, Elena Aitken, guest posting here today. Together with Trish Loye and I, Elena completes the Wordbitches trio. We're also part of the same writing group.
Elena is a kick-a$$ writer who's very successful on the Indie scene (People, she's making a living…
Top 10 Signs That Mom Needs a Vacation
- When you realize the spit up in your hair holds better than hairspray.
- When you yell four names before getting the right one and one of them is your husband’s.
- When you view the restroom as your ‘happy place’ because of the solitude.
- When you open your purse and find that it contains 15 receipts for kids clothing and shoes, a half-eaten lollipop that has been rewrapped, tutti-fruiti rainbow flavored chapstick, a nursing pad, three Hotwheels, a pair of size 2T panties and absolutely no cash.
- When the only songs you know are sung by cartoon characters or men who wear primary colours with Australian accents.
- When your husband comes home from work, sees the house is in relatively good order and says, “Oh, today was good?”
- When you’re more excited about your daughter’s weekend sleep-over at a friend’s house than your daughter.
- When your children bring you breakfast in bed and all you can think about is if there is enough dishwashing soap to clean the mess they left in the kitchen.
- When you start to think SpongeBob is actually funny.
- When you have no idea whose snot is on your shirt. And don’t care.
Which answer is your favourite? What other signs are there that mom needs a vacation?
~ Thanks Leeanne & Elena! We were taking the time to look for vacation spots and quite coincidentally Leeanne, from Ironic Mom, and her friend Elena Aitken show me how much we need to create some urgency here! Check out more of their funny stuff at the Ironic Mom.