It was a dark and stormy night
It was a dark and stormy night. Rain bounced off the windows like dozens of Skittles hitting the floor. The aroma of the dinner I prepared hung in the air like a paper mill’s bouquet at daybreak. The house creaked eerily with the pounding of the rain and the wind. It was late. It was dark. As my eyes scanned all around, one could only wonder what would happen next.
Then ‘next’ happened. A mysterious message from a Goddess came across the phone lines proclaiming some good news. She told me…….she chose ME to receive her version of the Liebster award!
Yes, SWM, Domestic Goddess (or at least pretending to be), liked my stuff enough to offer her award to 3D! I was both honored and surprised. The Domestic Goddess was one of the very first blogs I signed on for when I joined WordPress. She was a stay at home parent, like I was. I hoped to learn from her ideas, routine, innovations and kid activities to survive in my new role. And, like many others I follow, was also involved in some fitness and health activities creating another area of mutual interest. I hope you are still doing great there as well SWM! I am so honored for her to have chosen me as she writes so much better than me. She creates a fun, easy read that I look forward to in hopes of gaining some of a
Goddess’s Godly insight into my mortal problems issues with the raising the kids.
So thank you SWM, Domestic Goddess! I really appreciate it! And I want to say to you “keep up your good work.” Do yourself a favor and check her blog out if you haven’t already. It’s my first writing recognition…positive writing recognition that is! Thank goodness for this thing called ‘spell check’ and a wife that’s a English minor or else these blogs would make no sense!
So in going with the tradition of the Liebster Award I have to follow some rules:
The rules of the Liebster Award are:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog
2. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you
3. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed (see below!)
5. Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.
Like SWM said, Rule # 4 is hard since I really don’t know how many readers the blogs I follow have. So I am going to name a few here. In genera,l I really don’t follow the high volume blogs. Don’t know why.
Another part to Rule 4 is that some of the blogs I would recommend at this point I have done so already in past week’s Tagged posts. While they are still some of my favorites, funny, creative, and motivating, I really don’t feel like I should embarrass Cafe 23, The Camel Life or The Healthy Fit Diva, again. Trust me, there stuff is good and I look forward to each new post. Give these ladies some applause!
So I have a wide variety in my family of blogs that I read and look forward to. A gothic seamtress, a pastor, a Mom with teenagers (capital M), a nomad, and another Mom with grown ones that I sometimes defer to for answers.I read several other fun, motivational blogs t be sure. However I just feel I have gotten to know these bloggers a little bit over the last few months from comments here and at there blog. They are all great people and I feel I have something in common with all of them, which is part of the draw
So here they are, my fav. five blogs worth a visit. Give them a big ‘hello’ at their blogs:
1) NoThrowaways, This blog is written by a Pastor. Now I can tell you I do not have the relationship with God as I should. Derek’s blogs can help a bit with those voids. He is also a Dad with four happy and amazing kids. I often think of him when my energy runs out. How could I ever handle four? He does a great job with four and a job and a blog and more. He does a great job, with some great stories and pictures of smiling happy kids.
2) Taking The World On With A Smile, I don’t know Karen as much as some others I blog with. But knowing her as much as I do I feel like she is so much like myself. Or someone I grew up with. She sounds like people at home. Her local pictures remind me of home. She has two great kids in their early teens and I hope mine turn out as level headed as hers. She blogs once a week (which is another thing I may have in common with her) , writes very inspiring and upbeat posts. Check her out!
3) Lazy Subcultural Girl, is possibly the most diverse blogger I follow. She’s a sewing addict, which I know nothing about. She has a great, yet sarcastic sense of humor, which I love. My favorite features of hers are…….’Headbanging Fridays’ (gotcha), which I love and ‘Sci-fi Sundays’, which I love. Quite possibly my WordPress soul mate here. She has a few kids but they are not much more than some speed bumps in her blogs and a husband which she lovingly refers to as “the Hubs”. Oh, and she currently has purple hair. Too cool!
4) Raw Emotional Writer, is a straight forward, honest writer. That is the best I can describe her as I am not quite sure who she is yet. I do know she is a bit a of a nomad that has lived in Jamaica, the US and Germany. She doesn’t paint rosey pictures all the time (life is not rosey all the time) but does speak her mind. She has very interesting posts and if you ever want a friend on WordPress she would be a good choice.
5) Jing Hu, is a new blog I follow. I find that she doesn’t post that often but when she does its really interesting things. Most recently I just stole a HITT running workout from her web site and loved it the next weekend in the gym. She has other interesting travel pics in a fun, easy to read blog. “加油!” (Go for it!)
and last but not least,
6) Worry Warts Guide to Sex, Weight, and Marriage, first of all, if the title to her blog doesn’t grab your interest from the start, her pen name will, Diary of a Wimpy Mom. But I don’t see this lady as wimpy. She talks about all topics, has some great travel
pictures stories, and occasionally talks about her great kids and the road to getting them there. If there is a blog that I read to learn things or gain more knowledge, it would be hers. And yet, I still have not learned read about anything about Sex, Weight, and Marriage from this blog. Hmmmm?
Thanks again SWM for your consideration of my blog! I apologize for the length of time its taken me to acknowledge this wonderful award. You have inspired me to try to live up to your praise. Thanks!