This is so crazy…
Stop me if you have heard this one before….
Yes, it’s the most wonderful time of year… for holiday traditions, gift giving, family, nostalgic songs, the Spirit of Christmas, plus some warm surprises. I hope you are beginning to get in the Spirit! Last year we were surprised with generosity from some very special angels. This year the surprises started this past weekend.
As I scrolled down my Inbox I saw a comment posted in my About page from a very gifted blogger saying I had been nominated for an award. 🙂 I was thrilled to think there was another that actually enjoys what I am doing here, if the thrill of getting a real-live comment was not enough. I click on the link to find out more finding out it is “Blog Of The Year Award“! Wow! Thank you so much Meiro! That’s amazing!
As I scrolled down Mei’s Nomination page I actually scrolled past an award she won prior to her winning the Blog Of The Year Award, the Lovely Blog Award (much deserved again Mei) only to find she had nominated this award for my blog as well. I never got the memo! “This is crazy“, I thought. There must be some mistake.
I was sitting here trying to think what nice words to say back to Mei, blushing the whole time. What an honor! I thought, please, my stuff is not that good. Everyone’s blog I read is better than mine; from creativity to punctuation. For someone that has out grown what other people think this made me feel very humble and appreciative.
I don’t read books or poetry. I hated English. My wife proofread all my essays in school. But people in the past have always encouraged me to write. So this, in a world of expert writers in WordPress, most have which have been Freshly Pressed,
this kinda was like some sort of badge of honor, so to speak, being nominated from someone with so much more of a special gift than I do. I’m still glowing.
So, if I haven’t lost you, I had to think how I was going to graciously accept these awards. I know a lot of people don’t. But, ‘Badge of Honor’ and all that stuff, plus the fantasy that someday I might actually get paid to write means I would love to accept these awards as well as acknowledge and honor Meiro for her gracious nominations. But how can you do two different awards at once? Hmmm?
Take a look at the award responsibilities:
The Lovely Blog Award:
The Rules are:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you. <http://meirozavian.wordpress.com/2012/12/08/nominated-for-awards/. >
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
and the Blog Of The Year Award:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen
there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required
and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award
and share the ‘rules’ with them
5. You can now also join our Facebook group
click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then
you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6. As a winner of the award
– please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award
– and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award
and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star.
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favorite blogs
and even if they have already been given the award by someone else
you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
For more information check FAQ on The Thought Palette
Got all that?
So, the following are 7 things about me. I think I also need to nominate at least 15 bloggers too, some of which have been nominated before, hence giving them another star. If you see your blog mentioned please consider yourself nominated for one or more of these awards above…and collect some stars. I would love to nominate ALL the great blogs I follow, as you are all deserving. You really are. But would take all week!
1. I actually have stolen some things. I have been following various blogs for over a year and realized people are on WordPress for various reasons. Some like to write and some like to actually blog, which can be different a skill. To me, some of the very best bloggers are Leeanne at Ironic Mom and Susie Lindau and her Wild Ride. These ladies are fun and funny and you can’t wait to see what they concoct next. I’ve stolen several ideas from Leeanne. I was going to steal something from Susie very shortly. Thanks ladies!
2. I hate to read. I think I covered this. If it has pictures it will draw me in. There are a few great blogs with some stunning imagery backed with equally illustrative words. These blogs I followed just by finding their home page. Congratulations Esenga’s Voice, Meiro and Southern Sea Muse. You achieved what school, parents and spouses failed to do, creating images in my mind with words.
3. My Hobbies include Travel, Finance, Ball Card collections, Writing and Fitness, from weights to running to biking. My age, lack of time and some shoulder deterioration have affected my fitness goals in recent years. When it seems easy to just throw in the towel and accept my mortality, I remember the following two great examples that prove amazing fitness can be still be achieved at my age. Cassie at 43Fitness and Gym Rock Star I really admire and look up to.
4. This blog was started to share the stories of my two amazing daughters. Many of you may not know I have 2 since the oldest is the main character here; the fun talker and attention getter.
My youngest may be her opposite yet still a gem; loving, super photogenic, and smart. When she begins speaking clearly watch out!
There was a time we thought we would never have kids. Through series of IVF’s I prayed for years. Reluctantly, I decided to stop praying for one more year. My prayers were never answered. Instead, they were blown away beyond any ideas of what being a Dad could be. I never knew you could love a child this much!
The ‘brand’ of my blog has led to other similar blogs that illustrate their love for their kids. Karen, at Taking On Life With A Smile, Laura at Parenting Creative Kids, Don’t We Look Alike and A Happy Mess are all great blogs from parents that also cherish their kids.
5. I Really Love Christmas! I do love the fall with the cooler air and outdoor activities. Being a beach bum, I love the summer too. I love the winter and its cold air. But I really love Christmas! I’m not satisfied until my house looks like a Christmas Village. I would give gifts to everyone I know if it was possible. I found 2 blogs that actually echo my love for Christmas. They are both by the same person I believe. If you want some Christmas ideas, meanings, imagery, and spirit check out Christ! Christmas and Christ! X-Mas.
They She does a great job and I go back everyday to see whats new.
6. This time last year I was unemployed. I was unemployed for our youngest’s first Christmas. In the spirit of the season, we were visited by two ANGELS. Yes, two different people gave us more resources to spend on our two little girl’s Christmas than we would have spent on them ourselves. We were amazed and touched at their generosity. Yes, they do exist! Plus the girls were blessed with gifts from 4 grandmothers. I wasn’t working but these girls did not miss a thing.
Similarly, in this wonderful Holiday season, tragedy has struck two of my favorite bloggers, Erin and Derek. Knowing things seem to happen in threes, Lets all say a prayer for these two writers as we move forward in this season of love, family and giving.
7. I love to help people. I’m a ‘helper’…to a fault. If there is something I can do to lend a hand I will lend both. Similar to the Angels above, I love to help make people smile. There are so many down things going on that can get you , ah…down. I would rather smile and be contagious.
Christmas card from the Lowcountry Orphan Relief charity
But I am an amateur compared to one special blogger, Sufey at sufey@SufeySuryananadi. Her whole blog is happy and smiles. There isn’t any one blog with more smiles then hers. Check out her ray of sunshine some rainy day. You’re gonna smile!
That’s it my friends! If you made it all the way here to the end, thank you. If any of these blogs match an interest of yours, please check out their blog.
Have a great week and weekend! You do great work! Keep it up…
~Thanks again Ms. Mei!
Pingback: Blog Gratitude II & Yoga for YOU | Sufey
Thanks so much Laura! thank you! I think that make 4 stars now. Keep up your great work! You and your kids rock!
Here’s the link: http://lauralamere.com/2012/12/18/blog-of-the-year/
Hey Andy congratulations again – you can add another star! I’ve listed you as one of my ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award recipients! An early happy new year to you and your family! L.
Hehe, it’s only the truth!! It is an absolute honour to speak to you! Big christmas blessings to you and your family!! ❤
Thank you for dropping by Julie! I think you do great work too. Congrats on your nomination!
Congratulations! And thank you for nominating “A Happy Mess.” I enjoy your blog very much!
Ms. Janice, you are sooo more deserving then me here. I kinda feel bad about not having you and Breezy on this list but I was trying to pair up bloggers with my interests. It got so freakin’ long! But no one does it better than you (two). How many times have you heard that before? Have the best weekend Janice! Thanks for dropping by!
Oh stop it Ms. Sufye. SMAO. See? You did it again! You made me smile. YOU are the inspiration and why I saved the best for last. Have a great weekend Sufey. Congrats again!
Congratulations to you Susie. You are the master(ette) similar to you , a lot that I nominated this time I found recently. I hope you find some new favorites. And I would like to come back and ‘steal’ ore good ideas too. Like a contest. : ) Have a great weekend Susie!
Woohoo! Congrats, Andy! What a great honour which you wholly deserve 😉
Andy, you are amazing!! Your blog is fabulous. Your kids are adorable. Keep doing everything right… you’re an inspiration to me!
Congratulations to you! Thanks so much for the kind words. It is an honor! There are some bloggers here I am not familiar with, so it will be fun to click on a few links!
Thank you Luanne. I don’t know if I know how to add another? Maybe have to copy another star gif. Keep up your great work!
Thank you Cassie….its all a numbers game if you look at it. I have more of a talent for seeing th enumbers than writing I think. But in the end I think people like what really comes form the heart, like your ideas. If I found a way to jot my ideas down more creatively, like these other writers I would be on to something. I think a lot of these writers would be honored to be in your company too, and get a taste of your success. Now, howabout some of those Chicken Dumplings? Yum!
Andy, go ahead and add another star to your Blog of the Year Award 🙂
Pingback: Love Me Some Blogs – Don't We Look Alike?
Pingback: “Blog of the Year 2012″ Award | meiro
Congratulations yet again, Andy! Maybe soon you’ll be doing this for a living. You certainly have the talent for it. Thanks also for the kind mention. I am so honored to be among such wonderful and generous writers!
thank you – glad you are enjoying it!
Thank you Breezy. Compared to you I am just a fan sitting way up in the stands. I mean that. Come on by Christmas week for some of the Spiced Wine or Chambord! Thanks for dropping by…
Thanks for stopping by A3Art! Ther person that shred the award with me is such a great person that I didn’t want to disappoint. Congrats on your great blog and your awards as well. Now I know who to tag the next time this rolls around. 🙂
Congrats on the awards! And I love Christmas too 😉 It’s the most wonderful time….
congratulations on your awards and thank you for sharing th Blog of the year award!