Pop Quiz & Christmas Lists
Last year, after all the hype and build up for our oldest’s fourth Christmas, I decided to
interrogate quiz her on what she retained from our near month-long festivities.
The results were amusing and yet still disappointing. She usually is so perceptive and has a great memory.
Where did I fail at pointing out the true meaning of Christmas to her?
This was her take on Christmas last year in our Christmas Chwiz…
1) Why do we celebrate Christmas?
A= “I don’t know” …Daddy (disappointed sigh)
2) What is your favorite thing about Christmas?
A= “Hmmmm? Aunt Sue! (After some heavy coaching from Aunt Sue)
4) Where did all your presents come from?
A = without hesitation, “Santa!”
5) What was your favorite present?
A = “Winnie the pooh and the pink one” (Piglet)
7) What was your favorite thing you ate this year?
A = “Macaroni and Cheese!” ~ so much for those truck loads of Christmas cookies we consumed
8) How long should we celebrate Christmas?
A = “Until Friday.” (Aunt Sue and Uncle John went home on Friday)
9) How much did we spend this year to celebrate Christmas?
A = “Hmmm….a little” ( this was her hardest one to answer)
10) What will you look forward to next year for Christmas?
I had to do a better job! (Sigh)
So this 4 year old is reading now and continues to impress us with her mental acuity. Could this be the year I celebrate? Did she listen this Christmas season?
Take a look below. ****GRANDMOTHER ALERT**** there are Christmas lists given here!
(deep sigh) I thought since I do my best thinking in the shower, giving the girls a quiz during bath time would give them the best opportunity to ace the quiz. (sigh) Well…we still have 5 more days to get the meaning across.
Now, how am I gonna wrap a pumpkin?